Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mommy Time!!!

Back view of the new "do"
Cheese!

Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle


First I should say, I have so much to update and not enough time. It has taken me about a week to write and include the Thanksgiving update, pathetic, I know! Here's a few things we've been up to (in list form):

1) Carson and I went back to Columbia this past weekend so I could go to the Holiday Market - one of my favorite Christmas traditions! The Junior League of Columbia does a great time putting this together and they always have cute things to see and buy. It's also fun to see old friends and catch up on things! My mom met me out there for a while and then went back home to keep Carson while I enjoyed some "mommy time." THANK YOU MOM!


2) After church on Sunday, Chris stayed with Carson the rest of the day so I could enjoy another day of "mommy time!" I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself! On a whim I decided to make some drastic hair changes and chopped my hair off for a new, more up-to-date look! I've never had my hair this short and it's fun, freeing, and much easier! Sometimes you just need a little change! I then met Lauren M. for dinner and shopping. It was fun to get away and chat -thanks Lauren!
3) Tuesday was Bunco night with some friends...do you see a pattern? More "Mommy time!" We changed things up a bit this month and did a Christmas ornament swap and Christmas games. Elizabeth found a cute Christmas lyric game on the internet -we had to fill in the blank with the missing word from the song. I certainly didn't win this one! We had a great time and the ornaments we swapped were SO cute! (will post pictures soon)!


4) We are having a week of snacks at work this week. Today was my groups turn to bring food. I decided to try a new Paula Deen recipe - Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie Trifle. Yes, folks, your pants can get tighter just reading the recipe! My friend, Brooke, made it several weeks ago and said it was yummy so I thought I would give it a shot. It was quite good and not one ingredient is good for you - you should have guessed that when I said it was a Paula Deen recipe!


5) Chris finally has his "Daddy time" night tomorrow with friends from work - he completely deserves it after spoiling me with all of my "mommy time!"

No comments: