Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching Up!

First Day of "School!" 2010



It is time to play catch up! I haven't posted anything on this blog in almost 7 months and I miss it! We are doing so many fun things and Carson is changing like crazy, so it's about time I share our craziness with you again! Elizabeth and Brooke - don't fall out in shock that I finally posted - you may be my only readers :)



We had a fabulous summer with several beach trips, lots of pool and sprinkler time, and fun playdates. In addition to all of this fun, Carson had two really big changes over the summer: she is completely potty trained (day and night) and transitioned from her crib to a big girl bed - both occurring in mid July. We had no trouble with potty training -in fact, she sort of did it on her own. The Wednesday before we went to the beach with my mom, we went to a friend's house for a playdate. She saw Cate's little potty and came running into the other room to announce, "I have to go tee tee!" She never looked back and never wanted to put another diaper on after that one trip to the potty...I'm really not kidding! We anxiously made a 4 hour trip to the beach three days after this even, with a toddler who was insistent she travel in big girl panty style and made it the whole way with no accidents! Carson also requested a big girl bed after we returned from the beach so down went the crib :( She's getting so big and so independent!



It has been a fast start to the school year for us...Carson began "big girl" school after being in an in-home setting since she was 6 months old. She absolutely loves school and goes 3 days a week from 8:15-12:20. We love her school and she has made some new, very cute friends. We chose a Chistian school that focuses on bible verses as a means to learn. She is a little sponge and has learned so much already!



As for me, I am still working part time in the schools and see 2 kids through a contract company several afternoons a week. While I love my students at school, I also love working for the contract company, as there is little paperwork involved, and it's 1 on 1 therapy in their home or daycare.

Happy Fall Ya'll!








1 comment:

Eben said...

Thrilled you are posting again

kiss Carson for the Hollingsworths